Saff Family Scholarship
The Saff Family Scholarship recognizes four outstanding MHCC students each year with a scholarship.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to qualify for this scholarship.
• Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
• Maximum 3.5 cumulative GPA for high school applicants
• Must demonstrate financial need via the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Oregon State Aid Application (ORSAA)
• Preference given to first-generation college students
Once selected, the recipient must meet the following requirements in order to remain eligible for this scholarship.
• Must enroll in a minimum of 9 credits per term during each term the scholarship is in effect
• Must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as defined by the MHCC Office of Financial Aid (excluding maximum timeframe requirements). Visit https://mhcc.edu/KeepMyAid/ for more information.
• Funds will be distributed equally between fall, winter, and spring terms
• Scholarship funds may be used for all costs of attending college including tuition, fees, books, supplies, transportation, etc. Any amount remaining after tuition and fees are paid will be disbursed directly to the recipient
• This scholarship is renewable for two additional years if sufficient funding is available and the recipient meets the scholarship requirements. Recipients must earn a minimum 3.0 GPA in order to be eligible to renew the scholarship for additional years.
Award amounts are subject to change based on availability of funds.