Edward M. & Helen B. Nelson Family Endowed Scholarship
The Edward M. and Helen B. Nelson Family Scholarship recognizes and honors graduates of the Oregon Trail School District attending MHCC. Helen was a business teacher at Sandy High School for 28 years. She and her husband enjoyed gardening and cultivated grass seed, berries, shrubs, and trees for their family farm and nursery in Boring, Oregon. Over the years Helen took several classes at MHCC. Their endowment at the time was the largest cash gift given to the College.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria.
• Must be a graduate of the Oregon Trail School District
• Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
Once selected, the recipient must meet the following requirements in order to remain eligible for this scholarship.
• Must maintain full-time enrollment at MHCC (12+ credits per term) during each term the scholarship is in effect
• Must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as defined by the MHCC Office of Financial Aid (excluding maximum timeframe requirements). Visit https://mhcc.edu/KeepMyAid/ for more information.
• Funds will be distributed equally between fall, winter, and spring terms
• Scholarship funds may be used for tuition and fees only; no cash will be disbursed
• This scholarship is renewable for a second year if sufficient funding is available and the recipient continues to meet the scholarship requirements.
Award amounts are subject to change based on availability of funds.