Portland Woman's Club Scholarship
The Portland Woman’s Club advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy and research. This scholarship given by the Portland Woman’s Club recognizes and honors female Mt. Hood Community College students of excellence and need. They must be 26 years old or older, working toward a degree or certificate, including Career Pathways Certificate programs, and be a high school graduate or GED graduate from a Portland Metro area high school.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to qualify for this scholarship.
• Must be female
• Must be at least 26 years old
• Much be a graduate or GED graduate from a Portland Metro area high school
• Must have a declared major in a degree or certificate granting program
• Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
• Must demonstrate financial need via the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Oregon State Aid Application (ORSAA)
Once selected, the recipient must meet the following requirements in order to remain eligible for this scholarship.
• Recipients are encouraged to attend the Portland Women’s Club Annual Luncheon
• Must maintain full-time enrollment at MHCC (12+ credits per term) during each term the scholarship is in effect
• Must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as defined by the MHCC Office of Financial Aid (excluding maximum timeframe requirements). Visit https://mhcc.edu/KeepMyAid/ for more information.
• Funds will be distributed equally between fall, winter, and spring terms
• Scholarship funds may be used for tuition and fees only; no cash will be disbursed
• This scholarship is renewable for an additional year if sufficient funding is available and the recipient continues to meet the scholarship requirements.
Award amounts are subject to change based on availability of funds.