Harold and Mollie Bihn Nursing Scholarship
“Let the giver have the pleasure of the gift,” Mollie Bihn would say to her neighbor, Carol Murray. The Bihns believed that everyone should make their own way, but sometimes you need help. They were married 63 years when Harold died in June 2010; Mollie passed away in December the following year. The Bihns loved children, but were unable to have their own. Mollie would bake cookies and play songs on her organ while Harold and the children sang. The Harold and Mollie Bihn Scholarship was created through a generous estate donation and was established to help aspiring nurses.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to qualify for this scholarship.
• Declared major in Nursing
• Minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA
• Must be an Oregon resident
Once selected, the recipient must meet the following requirements in order to remain eligible for this scholarship.
• Must maintain at least part-time enrollment at MHCC (6+ credits per term) during each term the scholarship is in effect
• Must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as defined by the MHCC Office of Financial Aid (excluding maximum timeframe requirements). Visit https://mhcc.edu/KeepMyAid/ for more information.
• Funds will be distributed equally between fall, winter, and spring terms
• Scholarship funds may be used for tuition and fees only; no cash will be disbursed
Award amounts are subject to change based on availability of funds.