Oregon Community Foundation - Joseph E. Weston Scholarship
Joseph E. Weston has established a public foundation through the Oregon Community Foundation. He created the Joseph E. Weston Public Foundation Scholarship to support students in need who have lost their jobs due to changes in technology that require retraining, as well as those who are seeking education/training to enter a new field in order to become more employable.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to qualify for this scholarship.
• Must be 26 years of age or older
• Must demonstrate financial need via the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Oregon State Aid Application (ORSAA)
Once selected, the recipient must meet the following requirements in order to remain eligible for this scholarship.
• Must enroll in a minimum of 8 credits per term during each term the scholarship is in effect.
• Must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as defined by the MHCC Office of Financial Aid (excluding maximum timeframe requirements). Visit https://mhcc.edu/KeepMyAid/ for more information.
• Funds will be distributed equally between fall, winter, and spring terms
• Scholarship funds may be used for tuition and fees; no cash will be disbursed
Award amounts are subject to change based on availability of funds.