Olive Elizabeth Grace Memorial Nursing Scholarship
Olive Elizabeth Grace was a labor and delivery nurse. She earned her certification at Emmanuel Nursing School and immediately joined the army. When she returned home she married William Grace and they had five children. Olive was a lifelong learner and had a passion for both her job and her family. She loved the faces and reactions of new moms in the delivery room. She often worked nights and was known to come home and wake up family members to share stories about that night’s shift. Olive was diagnosed with cancer at age 61. It had quickly metastasized and she passed away two years later. Her family created the Olive Elizabeth Grace Scholarship in her memory. The scholarship recognizes and honors a full-time second-year student in MHCC’s Nursing program.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to qualify for this scholarship.
• Declared major in Nursing
• Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
Once selected, the recipient must meet the following requirements in order to remain eligible for this scholarship.
• Must maintain full-time enrollment in the MHCC nursing program during each term the scholarship is in effect.
• Must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as defined by the MHCC Office of Financial Aid (excluding maximum timeframe requirements). Visit https://mhcc.edu/KeepMyAid/ for more information.
• Funds will be distributed equally between fall, winter, and spring terms
• Scholarship funds may be used for all costs of attending college including tuition, fees, books, supplies, transportation, etc. Any amount remaining after tuition and fees are paid will be disbursed directly to the recipient
Award amounts are subject to change based on availability of funds.