Joan Stovall Memorial Scholarship
Joan Stovall was a part-time instructor at MHCC. She began as an intern in the MHCC Environmental Health and Safety Department, which eventually became the Sustainability, Health, and Safety department. After graduating, Joan began teaching toxicology courses with the department. Sadly, Joan suffered a major heart attack and died in 2008. Co-workers, including Dr. Javid Mohtasham created a scholarship fund in her memory.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to qualify for this scholarship.
• Declared major in Sustainability, Health and Safety
• Must be a second year student (36+ credits completed) when the scholarship takes effect
• Minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA
• Must demonstrate financial need via the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Oregon State Aid Application (ORSAA)
Once selected, the recipient must meet the following requirements in order to remain eligible for this scholarship.
• Must maintain full-time enrollment at MHCC (12+ credits per term) during each term the scholarship is in effect
• Must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as defined by the MHCC Office of Financial Aid (excluding maximum timeframe requirements). Visit https://mhcc.edu/KeepMyAid/ for more information.
• Funds will be disbursed during fall term
• Scholarship funds may be used for tuition and fees only; no cash will be disbursed
Award amounts are subject to change based on availability of funds.