Oregon Community Foundation Zelma Gordon Nursing Scholarship
The Zelma Gordon Scholarship was created through a gift that was established by the Oregon Community Foundation. This scholarship will support a nursing student at MHCC.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to qualify for this scholarship.
• Declared major in Nursing
• Must demonstrate financial need via the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Oregon State Aid Application (ORSAA)
• Preference will be given to first-year nursing students
Once selected, the recipient must meet the following requirements in order to remain eligible for this scholarship.
• Must maintain full-time enrollment in the MHCC nursing program during each term the scholarship is in effect.
• Must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as defined by the MHCC Office of Financial Aid (excluding maximum timeframe requirements). Visit https://mhcc.edu/KeepMyAid/ for more information.
• Funds will be distributed equally between fall, winter, and spring terms
• Scholarship funds may be used for all costs of attending college including tuition, fees, books, supplies, transportation, etc. Any amount remaining after tuition and fees are paid will be disbursed directly to the recipient
• This scholarship is renewable for a second year if sufficient funding is available and the recipient continues to meet the scholarship requirements.
Award amounts are subject to change based on availability of funds.