Sonya McDowell Scholarship
The Sonya McDowell Nursing Scholarship honors outstanding MHCC nursing students with scholarships for tuition, fees, and books for one year.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria.
• Declared major in Nursing
• Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
Once selected, the recipient must meet the following requirements in order to remain eligible for this scholarship.
• Must maintain full-time enrollment in the MHCC nursing program during each term the scholarship is in effect.
• Must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as defined by the MHCC Office of Financial Aid (excluding maximum timeframe requirements). Visit https://mhcc.edu/KeepMyAid/ for more information.
• Funds will be distributed equally between fall, winter, and spring terms
• Scholarship funds may be used for all costs of attending college including tuition, fees, books, supplies, transportation, etc. Any amount remaining after tuition and fees are paid will be disbursed directly to the recipient
• This scholarship is renewable for a second year if sufficient funding is available and the recipient continues to meet the scholarship requirements.
Award amounts are subject to change based on availability of funds.