Gresham Outlook - Lee & Bonnie Irwin Endowed Memorial Scholarship
Lee Irwin was the publisher and owner of the Gresham Outlook Newspaper. He was also one of the founding members for the development of Mt. Hood Community College. He was later named a Patron Saint not only for his role in creating MHCC, but for is active role in the Gresham community. His son Dave Irwin and his wife Judith Gamble made a stock contribution to endow the scholarship. The purpose of the Gresham Outlook/Lee Irwin scholarship is to recognize students studying Integrated Media.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to qualify for this scholarship.
• Declared major in Integrated Media
• Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
• Financial need will be considered
Once selected, the recipient must meet the following requirements in order to remain eligible for this scholarship.
• Must maintain full-time enrollment at MHCC (12+ credits per term) during each term the scholarship is in effect
• Must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA
• Funds will be distributed equally between fall, winter, and spring terms
• Scholarship funds may be used for tuition and fees only; no cash will be disbursed
Award amounts are subject to change based on availability of funds.