American Association of University Women - Gresham Area Branch Scholarship
The American Association of University Women advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy and research. This scholarship given by the Gresham Area Branch recognizes and honors a Mt. Hood Community College student of excellence and need in the second year of a planned program of study.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria.
• Must be female
• Declared major in a STEM subject (science, technology, engineering, math)
• Must be a second year student (36+ credits completed) when the scholarship takes effect
• Must be seeking first degree
• Must intend to transfer to a four-year college or university
• Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
Once selected, the recipient must meet the following requirements in order to remain eligible for this scholarship:
• Must agree to attend two AAUW-Gresham Area Branch meetings
• Must maintain full-time enrollment at MHCC (12+ credits per term) during each term the scholarship is in effect
• Must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as defined by the MHCC Office of Financial Aid (excluding maximum timeframe requirements). Visit https://mhcc.edu/KeepMyAid/ for more information.
• Funds will be distributed equally between fall, winter, and spring terms
• Scholarship funds may be used for all costs of attending college including tuition, fees, books, supplies, transportation, etc. Any amount remaining after tuition and fees are paid will be disbursed directly to the recipient