Betty and R.E. 'Poly' Schedeen and Neighborhood Saints Scholarship
Betty Schedeen was a community member who fought to have a community college established in our area and is considered to be the “mother” of Mt. Hood Community College. She and other local supporters founded a group called the Neighborhood Saints, and opened a thrift store to raise money for MHCC scholarships. Betty believed strongly in the value of education and training. This scholarship honors her along with all of the other Neighborhood Saints.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to qualify for this scholarship.
• Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
Once selected, the recipient must meet the following requirements in order to remain eligible for this scholarship.
• Must maintain at least part-time enrollment at MHCC (6+ credits per term) during each term the scholarship is in effect
• Must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as defined by the MHCC Office of Financial Aid (excluding maximum timeframe requirements). Visit https://mhcc.edu/KeepMyAid/ for more information.
• Funds will be distributed equally between fall, winter, and spring terms
• Scholarship funds may be used for tuition and fees only; no cash will be disbursed
• This scholarship is renewable for a second year if sufficient funding is available and the recipient continues to meet the scholarship requirements.
Award amounts are subject to change based on availability of funds.