Evelyn E. Humphreys Endowed Memorial Scholarship
Evelyn Humphreys had a deep passion for education. She earned her Bachelor’s degree from University of Oregon and then attended Columbia University’s Graduate School of Business, graduating in 1931. She became a savvy financial executive and invested wisely. The Evelyn E. Humphreys Memorial Scholarship was created through a generous bequest from her estate. It provides assistance to female students who demonstrate financial need, or have participated in the Transitions or Transiciones programs.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to qualify for this scholarship.
• Must be female
• Must be a current participant or graduate of the Transitions/Transiciones program or demonstrate financial need via the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Oregon State Aid Application (ORSAA)
• Minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
Once selected, the recipient must meet the following requirements in order to remain eligible for this scholarship.
• Must maintain at least part-time enrollment at MHCC (6+ credits per term) during each term the scholarship is in effect
• Must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as defined by the MHCC Office of Financial Aid (excluding maximum timeframe requirements). Visit https://mhcc.edu/KeepMyAid/ for more information.
• Funds will be distributed equally between fall, winter, and spring terms
• Scholarship funds may be used for tuition and fees only; no cash will be disbursed
Award amounts are subject to change based on availability of funds.