John J. "Ski" Sygielski and Steve Perrault Endowed Scholarship
This scholarship was established in May 2009 in honor of former MHCC President, John J. “Ski” Sygielski. This scholarship recognizes and honors an outstanding MHCC nursing student.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to qualify for this scholarship.
• Declared major in Nursing
• Must be a second year student (36+ credits completed) when the scholarship takes effect
• Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
• Must demonstrate financial need via the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Oregon State Aid Application (ORSAA)
Once selected, the recipient must meet the following requirements in order to remain eligible for this scholarship.
• Must maintain at least part-time enrollment at MHCC (6+ credits per term) during each term the scholarship is in effect
• Must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as defined by the MHCC Office of Financial Aid (excluding maximum timeframe requirements). Visit https://mhcc.edu/KeepMyAid/ for more information.
• Funds will be distributed equally between fall, winter, and spring terms
• Scholarship funds may be used for all costs of attending college including tuition, fees, books, supplies, transportation, etc. Any amount remaining after tuition and fees are paid will be disbursed directly to the recipient
Award amounts are subject to change based on availability of funds.