Soroptimist International of Gresham Endowed Scholarship
The Soroptimist International of Gresham Endowed Scholarship provides support for single women with dependent children who are current or past participants in the MHCC Transitions/Transiciones program.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to qualify for this scholarship.
• Must be female
• Must be a single parent
• Must be a current participant or graduate of the Transitions/Transiciones program
• Must have a declared major
• Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
• Must demonstrate financial need via the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Oregon State Aid Application (ORSAA)
Once selected, the recipient must meet the following requirements in order to remain eligible for this scholarship.
• Must maintain at least part-time enrollment at MHCC (6+ credits per term) during each term the scholarship is in effect
• Must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as defined by the MHCC Office of Financial Aid (excludes maximum timeframe requirements)
• Funds will be distributed equally between fall, winter, and spring terms
• Scholarship funds may be used for all costs of attending college including tuition, fees, books, supplies, transportation, etc. Any amount remaining after tuition and fees are paid will be disbursed directly to the recipient
Award amounts are subject to change based on availability of funds.