Soroptimist International of Northwestern Region Endowed Scholarship
The Soroptimist International of Northwestern Region Endowed Scholarship was established in 2001. The scholarship recognizes and honors Transitions/Transiciones program participants with scholarships to allow them the opportunity to pursue training at MHCC.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to qualify for this scholarship.
• Must be a current student or graduate of the Transitions/Transiciones program
• Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
• Must be an Oregon resident
• Must demonstrate financial need via the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Oregon State Aid Application (ORSAA)
Once selected, the recipient must meet the following requirements in order to remain eligible for this scholarship.
• Must maintain at least part-time enrollment at MHCC (6+ credits per term) during each term the scholarship is in effect
• Must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as defined by the MHCC Office of Financial Aid (excludes maximum timeframe requirements)
• Funds will be distributed equally between fall, winter, and spring terms
• Scholarship funds may be used for all costs of attending college including tuition, fees, books, supplies, transportation, etc. Any amount remaining after tuition and fees are paid will be disbursed directly to the recipient
Award amounts are subject to change based on availability of funds.