Mt. Hood Community College Foundation's Hero for Education Scholarship
The Mt. Hood Community College Foundation created the Hero for Education Scholarship through funds gifted to the college. The scholarship will be awarded annually to a full-time student in memory or in honor of an employee, board member, or community member who has shown exemplary service or steadfast support to Mt. Hood Community College.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to qualify for this scholarship.
• Minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
• Must demonstrate financial need via the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Oregon State Aid Application (ORSAA)
Once selected, the recipient must meet the following requirements in order to remain eligible for this scholarship.
• Must maintain full-time enrollment at MHCC (12+ credits per term) during each term the scholarship is in effect
• Must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as defined by the MHCC Office of Financial Aid (excluding maximum timeframe requirements). Visit https://mhcc.edu/KeepMyAid/ for more information.
• Funds will be distributed equally between fall, winter, and spring terms
• Scholarship funds may be used for all costs of attending college including tuition, fees, books, supplies, transportation, etc. Any amount remaining after tuition and fees are paid will be disbursed directly to the recipient
Award amounts are subject to change based on availability of funds.